Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
Ayurvedic Cooking Classes
In this 2.5 hour workshop you will be introduced to the key principals of Ayurveda and how to eat and live more consciously, using food as medicine to balance the body and mind in accordance with nature.
During the workshop, you will:
- Receive an introduction to Ayurveda – the ancient health and healing system from India
- Learn what, when and how to eat to build Agni (digestive fire) and balance your body-mind type (known as Dosha)
- Understand the body-minds relationship to nature and the five elements from an Ayurvedic perspective
- Explore the 6 tastes and how to incorporate them into each meal
- Learn step-by-step how to prepare delicious, nourishing, seasonal meals using simple, everyday ingredients
- Receive a daily routine that promotes inner harmony and wellbeing in your body-mind
Punyam Feast for good
In 2017 we launched our ‘Punyam Feast’ cooking experiences to immerse you into the culture and cuisine of Southern India. These 3.5 hour feasts are led by Sre and will leave your senses delighted, your tummy nourished, and your heart wide open. It includes:
- A Southern Indian cooking class (2 mains, 2 sides, condiments and dessert)
- An introduction to Ayurveda, the 3 doshas and creating ‘Sattvic’ meals to balance the mind, body and spirit
- An immersion into the stories and culture of Kerala
- Recipes and Shopping Guides to take home
- A heart warming meal served in the traditional Keralan style
‘Punyam’, which is Sanskrit for ‘good deed’ or ‘good merit’, is a social enterprise. This means that once our costs have been taken care of, the profits go towards community development projects in Kerala, India.
It’s basically a delicious feel good feast for just $75 per person ($85 including a fish curry) – minimum 6 people.
Please get in touch to find out more at [email protected]
A love for food…
Growing up amongst the palm trees, Sre watched his older brother cooking in the Ashram for Saptaham – an annual seven-day festival attended by hundreds of people. He was in awe at his brother’s intuitive, calm approach and ability to open hearts and connect communities using creative combinations of simple, healthy ingredients.
Sre brings a similar love filled style to his cooking, incorporating traditional Southern Indian flavours and spices to his light, vegetarian dishes. His warm smile will inspire and guide you as you step into the art of Indian spice mixing. With a background in Ayurveda (traditional Indian medicine) and Yoga, Sre’s food is known as ‘Sattvic’ – Sanskrit for balancing the body, mind and spirit.
What People are Saying
“Smells, taste and healing properties”
The wonderful food on show, the preparation, smells, taste, the healing properties and stories – all amazing!
“Learning the Ayurvedic principles”
I loved learning about the theories underpinning the process of food making, hearing stories about Kerala and learning about the Ayurvedic principles.
“An immersive cultural experience”
An immersive cultural experience and wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternon and share in knowledge and ideas.
“Sharing knowledge and wisdom”
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and wisdom, and so lovely to share that very special and delicious meal with you all!
Hours of Operation
ONE BIG LOVE CLINIC – ABBOTSFORD
Room 1, C1.41 Wellbeing at Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers St Abbotsford, Melbourne
HAPPY MELON STUDIOS
1252 High St Armadale, Melbourne
MON – FRI
9:00am – 8:00pm
8:00am – 7.00pm
Drop Us a Line
Don’t be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!